TCBA Girls Got Game Activator
Tauranga City Basketball Girls Got Game Activator
- Inspire girls to play basketball
- Create supportive environments
- Join a fun team driven by a love of their community and a passion for basketball
Basketball is one of the fastest growing sports in the country and is on the verge of becoming the largest sport in New Zealand secondary schools. Tauranga is at the epicentre of that growth, and we are growing our team to support this.
Tauranga City Basketball (TCBA), in partnership with Basketball New Zealand (BBNZ), has an exciting opportunity to create a team of Girls Got Game Activators to bring Girls Got Game to life across Tauranga Moana and the Eastern Bay of Plenty and we would love to hear from you!
The Girls Got Game programme introduces girls to basketball and encourages them to get active while enjoying basketball with their friends.
TCBA is an incorporated society set up to deliver basketball services from Waihi through to Opotiki.
ABOUT THE ROLE
This role is an opportunity to pilot an engaging and inclusive programme for girls to enter and keep playing basketball. We are looking for enthusiastic individuals who are passionate about having fun and getting girls active, no prior basketball experience is necessary.
This position is part time and fixed term with the flexibility to grow.
- Term 3 (6 Weeks) and Term 4 2023
- Minimum of 6-10 hours per week
- Up to 20+ hours per week
- Pathway into more coaching and growth opportunities within basketball
Your responsibilities will include:
- Delivering in-school and after-school programmes within the Bay of Plenty region
- Creating sessions plans and preparing equipment to effectively deliver engaging participation opportunities
- Creating fun, safe and inclusive environments
- Building positive connections with participants
- Supporting the establishment and delivery of female-only Community Hubs across the region(s)
- Understanding health and safety/requirements of working in schools
- Supporting the maintenance of positive relationships with schools and community partners in the region(s)
- Creating social media content
- Completing necessary training and development provided by TCBA and/or BBNZ
- Ensure reporting is completed to high standards of accuracy and on time
To succeed in this role, you will have:
- A passion for getting young people active through sport
- Understand the value of role modelling
- Great communication skills
- Creative thinking
- A vulnerability/growth mindset
- Competitive remuneration package
- Fuel allowance
- Ongoing professional development from national sporting body
- Opportunity to connect with further coaching and professional pathways in basketball and other sports
- A chance to be involved in the explosive growth of basketball across the Bay of Plenty and Eastern Bay of Plenty.
See the full job description here
If you have an interest in this role, then don’t delay. Click on the “apply for this job” button and upload your current CV and Cover Letter; or send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close on Sunday 30th July.