The Intermediate World Cup will be held Thursday 27th July 2023 at Trustpower Arena.
These events are very popular and usually fill up very quickly
24 teams – 12 Girls teams & 12 Boys teams
- Each school may field one Girls Team and One Boys Team
- Each team must provide one person to cover score bench for each game.
- Teams must be school based.
- Each team is limited to a maximum of 10 players with only 5 on the court at any given time.
- A total of over 200 children will be involved on tournament day.
- Every team will be assured a minimum of four games – 3 pool games & finals
- Each round robin game will be 2 x 12-minute running clock halves. There will be a 1-minute half time break.
- This is a competitive tournament – we will finalize the draw format when we have confirmation of entry numbers.
- All games finish the instant the hooter sounds. This is the official end of the game, not the umpires whistle.
- Each team must have 2 adults who must supervise their teams. One being designated manager who will accept responsibility for their player’s welfare, safety and on and off court behavior and sportsmanship.
- Medals for 1st, 2nd and 3rd placed teams in each division
- There will be a Best & Fairest selection, this is for those players who demonstrate sportsmanship. Coaches will be the main selectors
- Dress in the colors of nation (Prizes for best dressed nation)
- Prizes for most supportive school
REGISTRATION WILL BE MADE THROUGH FRIENDLY MANAGER; SCHOOLS WILL BE ONLY ABLE TO ENTER ONE TEAM THROUGH THE SYSTEM. IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO HAVE A SECOND TEAM CONSIDERED PLEASE SEND EMAIL TO HELEN AT firstname.lastname@example.org