Eastern Bay of Plenty Development Officer (Part time -Fixed Term)
About the business
Tauranga City Basketball is one of New Zealand's most exciting and successful basketball Associations. With continued growth year on year, there are now over 4,600 people playing basketball in the region.
About the role
The position provides a rare opportunity for an energetic and enterprising person in the field of Sports Management and Coaching. Reporting to the General Manager, you will be responsible for a variety of taskings including:
- Coaching – be able to improve the basic skill level, knowledge, and fitness of participants of all ages and abilities especially at primary, intermediate and high school levels.
- Recruitment – be able to increase the number of players, coaches and referees involved in Tauranga City Basketball programmes.
- Communications – Promote basketball and Tauranga City Basketball activities via Facebook, Instagram, the TCBA website, and other platforms.
- Development Program – assisting the Director of Development with the Navigators programme. Coaching age-based skill development squads.
- Holiday Camps – Promoting and running Holiday camps in the EBOP region.
- Rep Program – coaching within and supporting the representative programme.
This is a part-time (roughly 10 hours per week), fixed term position for twelve months with the possibility of becoming a permanent role (dependent on TCBA securing additional funding to retain the position beyond this period). The person appointed to this position will be required to be available at the 'highest traffic' times i.e. the hours will include regular evening and weekend work, and you usually also be required to work in school holidays.
Skills and experience
The appointee will have experience in refereeing basketball and/or sports management experience; and will be able to clearly demonstrate the following skills and attributes:
- Well-developed organisational abilities.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to demonstrate initiative, flexibility and common sense.
- Capacity to work well under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- A strong commitment to delivering excellent customer service.
- At key times, be prepared to work the flexible hours required by the sports industry.
- Strong people skills and an ability to work effectively in a small team environment.
- Time management and prioritising skills.
- A keen eye for detail with a high degree of accuracy.
- Ability to deliver high energy, skill based coaching of referees.
If you have the requisite skills and experience then please email Mark Rogers, Tauranga City Basketball Association at email@example.com to receive more information and an application form.
Applications close: Friday 9 February 2024 at 5pm.